Sunday, April 3, 2011

VAWK F/W 2011 @ LG Fashion Week

 McQ jacket, T by Alexander Wang t-shirt, Blank NYC skinny jeans, Barbara Bui Python booties, Alexander McQueen skull demanta leather clutch

Since this was my first time attending LG Fashion Week (I know, hard to believe!), I decided to watch one show to test out the waters. Which designer did I pick? VAWK by Sunny Fong, of course. Why did I pick VAWK? I picked VAWK since I loved the cropped leather jacket that I saw at The Room @ The Bay, and I admired Sunny Fong for being such a successful designer after winning Project Runway Canada season two. I just knew I had to see his show and meet him!

 I went with my partner in crime, C who was able to book her day off work to go with me (you're the best! *muah*). Honestly, she couldn't stop laughing at me due to my extreme excitement going to this event (who wouldn't be?). Well, on to the journey...


C and I walked through the main doors and received our wristbands for the show. We arrived an hour early, so it was perfect timing to roam around and check out the venue. It was huge, and absolutely gorgeous. We took pictures, of course:

Amidst the fashionable crowd full of Prada, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga wares, C and I decided to stop by for a drink-oh boy, we were uber thirsty! We seriously felt like we were in a Sex and the City movie! Out in the corner of my eye spotted: Glen Baxter, photographer, FashionTelevisionChannel reporter and host of In Fashion. I'm an avid fan of his shows.
What's next up on the itinerary of the evening? Lining up to watch the show. Note to self: Bring a fold-able chair when lining-up while wearing 4" heels! How dreadful, but in the end, so worth it!

The show began 30 min later than its 9:30 time slot, but the anticipation was very high. Sunny Fong certainly did not disappoint once the first look came out. Here were some of the looks of VAWK's F/W 2011 collection (please excuse the blurriness of the pics, my digital Canon is rather outdated):

















Seriously, I wanted everything in that collection! I have my eye on that turquoise trench coat! Most notable trends I saw? Tailored dress pants, leather shirts, sheer fabrics, fur trimmed trench coats, POP colour as well as animal prints which is a hot Spring/Summer trend, accessories-wise right now. Oh, I'm drooling with lust already! I really loved how Sunny Fong stayed with his Canadian roots by having a diverse set of models; whether it be plus size models, senior models (yes, there was a 60-something year old model on that runway, and I must say she was HOT!),  models of different ethnicities, you name it! Hair and make-up were also stunning-the makeup was very natural with a POP of colour on the eyelids, and the hair was a simple pony tail with a side braid along the hair line. Everything was very well executed, and I cannot wait to see VAWK's offerings next season! I am officially hooked!

After the show, C and I went backstage for a quick meet-and-greet with Sunny Fong. I bumped into fellow Torontonian blogger (whom I follow consistently) S from The Backseat Stylers. She looked lovely as per usual. I adored her Alexander McQueen winged booties. They are to die for!
Then I met the man himself, Sunny Fong. Honestly, that moment was the highlight of my night! I quickly introduced myself to him and proceeded on with a quick 3 question interview. (Stay tuned for an upcoming post on that!) Even though he had a long night, Sunny Fong was so down-to-earth and was very personable. I felt so comfortable chatting with him!
Here are a couple of other pics that C and I took throughout the night-we had a blast!


I would like to give a very special thanks to the following people for a very memorable night: C, who is my partner in crime for all things fashion; Faulhaber PR, for coordinating my meet-and-greet with Sunny Fong; and Sunny Fong himself who took the time to answer my questions. It was lovely meeting you!

That's it for now folks-will post my interview with Sunny Fong soontimes! I have much studying to do for the upcoming week...yikes!

Toodles!

Yours truly,
L

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic report on the Vawk fashion show for those who didn't have a chance to attend. I love the photos, especially the one of you with Sunny.
    Thanks for a great posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a fantastic update on the Vawk fashion show. Your report is perfect for those who wanted to attend but couldn't. I love the photos especially those featuring his collection. Absolutely to die for! Sunny is no doubt one of our best talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shopgirl! Yes, his clothes were to die for! Everything was absolutely stunning! Sunny Fong is no doubt one of Toronto's great talents, and I'm so excited to see what he will come up with next! (I'm impatient lol)

    ReplyDelete