Friday, April 29, 2011

Aldo X FLARE Preview Event

 
On Tuesday April 26th, I had the opportunity to attend the Aldo X FLARE preview event of their edgy and stylish pair of python wedges. This was one of many designer collaborations that ALDO has taken part of this year. May I add that this event was chic, fun, and successful? Bring on the pretty people!

I had a mandatory meeting for school prior to this event, and so I was unable to respond to my e-mail in regards to interviewing FLARE's Fashion Director Liz Cabral. I was deeply saddened, but nonetheless, I had a fabulous time at this event despite the nasty, gloomy rainy weather that has taken over Toronto this week. As soon as I walked into the Aldo boutique, there were crowds of fashionable people. I felt kind of sad since I was wearing my rain gear, but it's okay! I was more into function over style that day (considering I had placement in the morning, so that is a good enough excuse).


The store was packed when I got there

The event was very well co-ordinated and by the looks from the number of fashionable people that attended, it was a complete success! Towers of yummy cupcakes (courtesy of the Designer Cookie) featuring a picture of the wedge filled the room; and might I add, there were also cute little boxes available at the front of the store so people could take them home as they pleased.


Yummy cupcakes!

From the promo pics of the wedge, I was already impressed by the modern design, but it was confirmed that I really liked the shoe when I saw it in person. Made from leather and python, the Aldo X FLARE wedge is a perfect accessory for your summer wardrobe. The wedge looked very flattering on the feet, and even though I did not try it out for myself, it looked very comfortable when worn. I loved the neon orange colour peeking out on the wedge as well. It adds to that summer feeling that we Torontonians have been craving for.

A close up of the wedge

Wedges are the IT footwear this summer, so go to your local Aldo boutique (I believe these are only available in Aldo locations: Yorkdale, Toronto Eaton Centre and Bloor Street) and grab these limited edition wedges before they are completely sold out!


Met Anita Clarke from I Want-I Got for the first time!

Beautiful ladies modelling the new wedge


A fashionable guest-that Celine Luggage is to die for!
Another stylish attendee. Loved her dress and Balenciaga!

A special thank you to Katy Sems who invited me to this wonderful event!

Yours truly,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment