Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mary Katrantzou S/S '11 RTW

A relatively new and unknown designer in my books, Mary Katrantzou is definitely one not to miss. My SA Rita at The Room at The Bay took me over to see the new collection, and immediately I was speechless. How come I did not know of this designer beforehand? As one of the salespeople wrapped up one of Katrantzou's skirts, I couldn't help but fall in love with the immaculate beading and floral detailing that the designer has put into it. The skirt on the pic above was the skirt that I saw that day. I could not take my eyes off it!
Mary Katrantzou is a Greek-born, London based designer who studied fashion design at Central Saint Martins before launching her own fashion label five seasons ago. As I studied the Spring/Summer '11 RTW snaps at the Bay, I knew Katrantzou is one to watch. Her designs are what I call fashion-I mean, this is what fashion is all about! It's about immaculate designs and thinking outside the box, and from her lamp-shade skirts to her structured dresses, you know right away that Katrantzou's designs are unique. Her designs sort of give me a feminine vibe of Alexander McQueen, don't you think? You would have to see it in real life to believe it yourself. One word to describe her new collection? Unbelievable...Mary Katrantzou's collection is currently available at The Room at The Bay on Queen St. Go check it out for yourself! Here are some of my favourite looks from her S/S '11 RTW line:










*Photos are the property and owned by Style.com*
*Some information are the property of National Post*

Yours truly,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment