Friday, April 8, 2011

3 Questions with Sunny Fong

Last Thursday I attended LG Fashion Week in which I got to see the VAWK F/W 2011 collection. Loved it! After the show, I had the opportunity to meet Sunny Fong, and all I can say is that he is extremely talented and so down to earth. Click on the jump for my exclusive interview with Sunny!
 I must admit, I was pretty nervous but excited at the same time upon meeting Sunny. Once the conversation flowed, I was pretty comfortable!

PP: Where did you get your inspiration for your current collection?
SF: Last fall I wanted to do the Himalayas as my theme but then it would be too many ideas in one collection so I kept it on hold in the back of my mind, and for this season I wanted to do something that was menswear inspired so I just wanted to combine the two.

PP: If you could re-live one moment in your life, what would it be and why?
SF: Wow, that's a tough one. There's a lot of moments. I mean, winning Project Runway was definitely a huge moment for me. This is why I'm here. That would probably be the moment.

PP: What type of fabric would best describe your personality and why?
SF: Oh, silk satin back crepe. Matte on the outside, shiny on the inside or vice versa! So, it's versitile!

Again, a special thank you to Sunny Fong for taking the time to answer my questions! I honestly can't wait what he has in store for VAWK next season!

Yours truly,
L

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Very cool that you got to chat with Sunny. IMO he's definitely one of the most talented Canadian designers right now.

    x Niki
    A Haute Mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki B: Yes, it was an amazing experience meeting Sunny! He is so nice =)

    Lisa: Aww, thank you Lisa! =)

    ReplyDelete