Friday, February 25, 2011

Killer Accessories: IT Handbags

You know the saying: "diamonds are a girl's best friend" but personally, I think that a handbag is a girl's best friend. I think this because most people notice what handbag a woman is carrying on her arm or shoulder. I certainly do! Commuting around Toronto allows me to do that; notice people's handbags; and trust me, the Toronto crowd has very good taste. What's up on the Killer list today? Killer IT bags! These bags are currently the trendiest of the trendiest; most popular styles that you see people carrying around these days. The perk of IT bags? They're definitely NOT a fad and you will certainly NOT look like any other woman in town since there are such a variety of colours and styles to choose from.
Balenciaga
Ahh, yes. The beloved Balenciaga. I've been on the Bal craze recently and can't help but think that these bags are super gorgeous and versatile. Funny that I'm saying this since when I first laid eyes on a Bal bag, I thought it was the most ugly thing ever, and wondered why so many women were carrying it. Well that has changed alot, hasn't it?! I mean, you can't go wrong with this brand: you can either dress it up on a night out or wear it with t-shirt and jeans. Oh, and did I mention that it comes in really pretty colours seasonally and has a wide variety of styles, sizes and hardware? Oh, yes! Balenciaga is currently sold at Holt Renfrew, and the Spring colours are gorg. Nuage, anyone?




Alexander Wang Rocco
As I mentioned in previous posts, Alexander Wang has been a hot commodity, and his Rocco handbags are no exception. Soft, supple pebbly leather is what I'm talkin' about! The Rocco is a really nice size bag that fits everything. Similar to the Louis Vuitton Speedy, this top-handle bag is sure to please. Spotted on many celebs, you cannot really go wrong with this bag! Comes in a variety of colours and hardware styles as well. I'm loving oasis with rose gold hardware as seen in one of the pics.  Alexander Wang is currently sold at Holt Renfrew and TNT.




Phillip Lim 3.1 Edie Bow
This handbag is really cute! As I am a sucker for handbags, I can't help but stare at this bag, edgy yet feminine. I love the spikes on it as well. The Edie bow comes in different leathers, materials, colours and hardware, so there is definitely a choice to be made when considering on getting this bag. The last time I checked Holt Renfrew, they had the suede on sale-and they only had 2 left! Go and get it before they're gone!







Proenza Schouler PS1
 The PS1 has been on my radar for a while. I really love this bag, and it's really useful since it has many pockets and flaps. Currently on every fashionista's IT list, this bag also comes in different colours, leathers and hardware. Though I wouldn't suggest jumping on this one yet (there has been quality issues known), I would still want to give this one a try one day...one day. Currently sold at the Room at the Bay, there are a good selection of colours available. Green, anyone?








 Yours truly,
Swe3tGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment